When I asked my students what learnings they gain from this experience, they duly informed me:
- They had been exposed to a new app that they could trial and critique.
- They had fun.
- They had to really think what features they wanted to accentuate about their individuality and personality.
- A number were now going to use bitmojis in their current "All about Me" wevideo assessment that's due in a couple of weeks.
- They had to choose fonts and colours and images etc. that were relevant to them.
- They gained a further understanding of the Google/Chrome integration and therefore how important it is to always be logged into Chrome!
- They laughed and loved how the period started.
- It encouraged them to collaborate on and share their different creations.
- Lastly, my bitmoji looks considerably younger and better-looking than the real me!
And to think it was planned as just a fun activity!