- Edtech itself is not prejudicial but teachers historically have been.
- Girls in primary and intermediate schools are beign educated in edtech proportionately to boys.
- In high school, code clubs, robotics clubs and strong female role models are having a big impact on how girls peceive edtech.
- Very few contributors were for the single-sex teaching of edtech in co-ed schools.
- Fundamentally, students need to be taught edtech on an individualised basis, one beyond gender or ethnicity etc.
- Where students have choice in terms of the mode and artefacts produced, gender issues become much reduced.
Keen to take part in the next #digitaledchat? No worries, check out the details below and we look forward to your ideas and contributions! Never pariticpated in a twitter chat? Not a problem, the #digitaledchat PLN is one of the nicest around!